Monday, August 31, 2009

Praying Mantis

So, every morning I have been running up and down the road...in a way to work out, and "race" my 4-year old on his bike. (Actually, I'm just trying to get him comfortable with a bike....sneaky sneaky)


Anyways...afterwards, I thought I would pull up some MASSIVE weeds we had taking over our front porch (I can't wait to get grass) and in one of them, I found little friend......


Meet Mr. Praying Mantis!







Here he is posing for a picture













Now cleaning up for the rest of the photo shoot. Silly praying mantis....you look totally fine!






























Damon and Bode were a little nervous around it.




This is about where the praying mantis got it's finger into Damon's ear...and he started to scream










































Oh...Bode got brave! Good job Bode. it won't hurt you.....he's our friend. He eats bugs...and spiders (I think)


Bode tried so hard to be brave....Damon thought it would be OK to give it another try...
















Here they are being friendly! See....Mr. Praying Mantis is nice!


























And this concludes our Praying Mantis adventure for the day. Yay for Praying Mantises.

No comments:

Post a Comment